Skip to content
AFW: CFL Week 6 Power Rankings
- BC Lions (1-5) Mike Reilly is currently the Matt Stafford of the CFL. He puts up big numbers and just doesn’t win, no matter what. The team hasn’t figured out why to utilize John White and their three leading receivers, Bryan Burnham, Shaquille Johnson and Duron Carter along with utility player Brandon Rutley are putting up good numbers, just not at the right time in the game. Mike Reilly was sacked four times. The good news is that he will get to play them again this week and maybe they will learn to block for him. BC will host the Riders this week.
- Toronto Argonauts (0-5) Haven’t been able to string four quarters of football together, in a row, yet. They had four receivers over 70 yards- Armanti Edwards, SJ Green, Derel Walker and James Wilder Jr. With Wilder and Walker (who I believe are on borrowed time, and I believe will be in the XFL this spring) finally getting better production, if this team could learn how to finish drives and not turn the ball over, they can contend with just about anyone in the league. They are getting to the quarterback and creating turnovers, however they are turning the ball over more. That’s bad mathematics. I predict Week 10, after their bye week, we will see a big improvement along with their starting quarterback, James Franklin, as he should have two weeks of practice under his belt after returning from injury. Rejoice!
- Saskatchewan Roughriders (2-3) Shaquille Evans had a great game this week, hauling in 5 for 158 yards and a touchdown. Cody Fagardo played better and was responsible for three touchdowns himself. Charleston Hughes added 3 sacks to give him 8 on the year, putting him on pace to break his single season best of 18 sacks, and could very well break the single season record of 26.5. They play the Lions again this week on the road.
- Ottawa REDBLACKS (2-3) My, how the mighty have fallen! To go from 2-0 to 2-3 is a tough pill to swallow. Jonathan Jennings was not the answer this week against Winnipeg and they cannot get Dominique Davis back fast enough. Lewis Ward, however, remained perfect, as he was not given the opportunity to miss. They get Calgary at home this week, and they are looking to bounce back into the win column for the first time in nearly a month.
- Calgary Stampeders (3-2) Nick Arbuckle is proving to be a decent placeholder filling in for Bo Levi, however.. he is not Bo Levi. Stampeder fans can rejoice that they were able to generate 6 turnovers. If not for that, Toronto may have ran away with that game last week. In Ottawa for Week 7 in the battle of two teams in transition.
- Edmonton Eskimos (3-2) They have been playing well this year, but they ran into a red hot Alouettes team in Montreal. Trevor Harris connected with 7 different receivers and put up good numbers, but their offense just couldn’t score any points. They will look to rebound at home against the winless Argos.
- Montreal Alouettes (3-2) Vernon Adams is playing outstanding football. He threw for a touchdown, ran 7 times for 44 yards and caught a 21 yard touchdown pass. William Stanback is business as usual. With transitioning management and ownership, this team has figured out a way to reel off three in a row and earn the week off.
- Hamilton Tiger- Cats (4-1) Hamilton had the week off and it came at a good time, as they host the Blue Bombers this week in what should be the game of the year thus far. Speedy Brandon Banks will go toe to toe with Lucky Whitehead. Ted Laurent and Ja’Gared Davis will try to match the pass rush of Jackson Jeffcoat and Willie Jefferson. The big question will be if Jeremiah Masoli can keep up with Matt Nichols. Should be a donnybrook!
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers (5-0) The most complete team in the league, by far. I’ll get back to you when I find the team’s weakness. Perhaps if they lose this week, they will drop a spot to Hamilton. Perhaps.
It’s A Football World, and we are just passing through!
This site is a Game of Skill and is 100% LEGAL in the United States. This site operates in full compliance with the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006.
Due to state and provincial laws residents of Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Vermont, New York and Quebec may only play in free competitions. All other trademarks and logos belong to their respective owners. FanVictor.com